Sunday, 15 May 2011

My mothers day in hospital

03/04/11My mothers day in hospital

This time last year I was really excited. Pregnant and looking forward to the new baby. I remember saying " next mothers day I will be a mam of two" I did not envisage spending it in hospital with my baby boy :(
But I have and this is how it went..
Woke up very early. Baby boy had a bad night, restless, fidgety, temp. Just teeth I think. He needed loads of oxygen as he wouldn't settle on his ventilator. It helps if he goes into a deep sleep and either works with the machine or lets it take over but he didn't. A few errors made on the ward last night, won't get into it, but I did speak to the sister today. So had a grumpy phone call with hubbie about when hed be over. Then had natie snuggles and he was sick. Nothing to do with my snuggles I hasten to add. Magic calpol made him feel better which was a relief.
Spent a fair bit time chatting to the other mothers in here. Familiar faces after repeated admissions or lengthy stays. One got to go home today - that made her mothers day :)
Hubbie and squeekles appeared at lunch time armed with a kfc cards and the lovely plate shed decorated. Love the things they make at pre school. I need a huge box to keep these "forever" things in! After loosing a bit of weight with my zumba antics the hospital stay has easily put a stop to that! Grrr to rustlers burgers and crisps !!!
It was lovely to see my daughter but she didn't let me forget that it wasn't right me being in hospital shed wanted to make me breakfast in bed, my fab little girl!
And that was it. Nothing dramatic. Just a bit different.
Better one next year I'm sure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment