Sunday, 28 June 2015

And we danced all night to my last blog ever


So I've decided this is to be my last post. 

For a few reasons really:

The original idea of this blog was to keep a record of everything we had been through and were going through as a family. Initially for Thea- so that she could see how much she mattered through everything, how much we love her, and how we tried ( and often failed) to balance our time between our two children and do what was best for them. I had visions of being able to say "sit and read this" when teenaged years of "I hate you" and " you love him more" might be shouted at us. 

I blogged of the rollercoaster of being undiagnosed (however Nate has his diagnosis), our hospital stays ( I've even bored myself), the emotions of being mam to a wonderful special boy and his special sibling, and even our housing crisis. The truth is I'm good. The anger and frustration subsided long ago. I struggle to find time to blog and many things I just don't want to share. 

This blog served a purpose, and quite frankly kept me sane through some very dark times. But my eldest is of an age where she needs to have a say in what I post on FB or here ( everything is ran by her first). This will only increase as she gets older. I certainly don't want to embarrass her or have people see parts of our family life she doesn't want known.  Thea is fiercely proud of her brother, I don't want anyone to misunderstand me, it's more about respecting her privacy. She shocked me the other day when I took a funny photo of her by saying "don't put that on Facebook!". It made me think. 

So I'm signing off. 

I will still knock out the occasional anonymous blog for SWAN UK or Firefly, and do guest posts but this is the last time I will post as me. 

I feel really emotional. But this blog has fullfilled its role.

It's a record of what feels like a different age.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey, you are a true inspiration to others

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your wonderful posts xx

    ReplyDelete