Monday, 28 May 2012

Of houses and moving

You will, I hope, be pleased to hear that we have a house!
I can't express the pressure lifting feeling of knowing we will be ok. The house is large.... and a complete mess. I have been a bit absent from twitter and fb due to waiting in the new house for things, measuring, pricing up etc for new housey stuff and other general chaos.
My daughter loves the new house. She wants to go each night after school. It has a garden you see, and its on a street with a grassed area where children play. We currently live on a busy road.
It is further away than we had hoped to be and will be awkward for Thea's school ( which we don't want to change to minimize disruption) but will be worth it.
The house needs a massive make over and we won't move in until we have it nice. So now my thoughts are of packing boxes, carpets and wallpaper.

But it's a much more pleasant type of stress.

Some of the "before pictures"...

2 comments:

  1. I am so so pleased for you, and even if it is further away from the school, the fact that Thea loves it is brilliant. I'm sure you'll all be very happy there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=88&a=237

    ReplyDelete